[mapguide-users] How To Routine and many question - Mapguide maestro..

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Wed Oct 22 11:47:47 EDT 2008

If I were you I would strongly consider not using MapGuide for this
project.

It is unlikely that you will be able to develop a map that is hostable
on a free service; MapGuide is a fairly processor-intensive application,
and you will require terminal services access to the server to install
it, as well as permissions to install and run services.

MapGuide also does not come with a built-in routing or geocoding
services, so you would need to either develop your own (maybe using
PGRouting) or use an external one.

In my opinion, you would be far better-off using the
Google/Microsoft/Yahoo APIs for your use case.

Jason