[mapguide-users] Connecting to WMS

Stefan Dalakov s.dalakov at mapware.net
Wed Feb 4 12:43:22 EST 2009

Hi all,
I am trying to add a WMS layer to my map.
I followed the procedure described here :
https://trac.osgeo.org/fdo/wiki/FdoWmsNotes
to create a feature source.
When I open the feature source in Studio the connection tests OK.
Clicking the *Refresh* button generates an error originating from
displayschema.php at line :
/document.getElementById("Geom_"+"RissaWMS").previousSibling.firstChild.src
= "./images/collapse_pane.png";
/for each layer in the WMS feature source which is not critical
(critical for Studio)
*View Data *link then reports BBOX parameter missing, which I assume is
normal

I create a Layer afterwards, based on this Feature Source. The layer
seems ok - refreshes OK, nothing on screen . This I also assume normal
as  the layers (as described in the  GetCapabilities document)  are
limited to scale ranges  up to 1:5000.

I add this layer to an existing map, with matching coordinate system
(EPSG:32632 of the WMS Feature Source and UTM-WGS84 / Zone 32 North of
the map).
The WMS layer is not shown on the preview in Studio - perhaps this is
also normal - my other raster layers are not previewed either.

But when I don't see the layer data in browser I am really stressed.

And my biggest stress is based on the fact that I do not know how to
debug this situation

Any help will be highly appreciated

Thank you in advance : Stefan Dalakov