[mapguide-users] permissions to users in the admin site

Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S ks at geograf.dk
Mon Jul 6 09:51:31 EDT 2009

You can set permissions on items using a tool such as Maestro or Studio.
I would not recommend doing so, as it is very difficult to do so.

To display a map, the user must have read access to:
* The weblayout
* The mapdefinition
* Every layer in the map
* Every featuresource referenced by the map layers

Denied access will prevent the map from displaying at all.

On top of this, the entire path to the resource must grant access.
Eg.: Library://Folder1/Folder2/Resource.Extension

The user must be granted read access to Folder1 AND Folder2 AND Resource.
If you deny access to say Folder1, access to Folder2 and Resource is denied,
regardless of what access you set on them explicitly.

Regards, Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S