[mapguide-users] Simple database link

ACBMaps andrea at epud.org
Fri Mar 13 16:39:46 EDT 2009

I'm REALLY new to this, so patience please.

I've managed to get a demo mapguide app going, fairly easily and with only a
couple stumbling places due to my lack of knowledge.  But I am stuck again
and I think what i want to do should be pretty easy.

I have attached an excel data base of a customer list.  Successful
connection.  It seems, however, I cannot create a search button for that
database unless i have a layer to link it to?  I don't.   It's just the
database, no associated geometry.  Is it possible to set up a search within
that excel file in a simple way?

thanks.

ACB