[mapguide-users] migrating resources from 2009 server to 2010

Steve Dang steve.dang at autodesk.com
Tue May 12 14:42:06 EDT 2009

Hi Nelson,

Below are the complete steps on how to upgrade/migrate to 2010 -just in case you need them:

1.  Stop the existing MapGuide Enterprise 2009 Server, if it is running. To do this, open the Services applet. Select "MapGuide Enterprise 2009 Server", and then select Action > Stop.

2.  Open a DOS window and change to the 2009 RepositoryAdmin directory "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\MapGuideEnterprise2009\Server\RepositoryAdmin".

3.  In the DOS window, run BackUpOfflineRepositories.bat. Check the output to make sure there are no errors.

4.  In the DOS window, run RestoreColdBackupRepositories.bat. Check the output to make sure there are no errors.

5.  In the DOS window, run RecoverRepositories.bat. Check the output to make sure there are no errors.

6.  Install the Autodesk MapGuide Enterprise 2010 server.

7.  Stop the newly installed server, if it is running. To do this, open the Services applet. Select "MapGuide Enterprise 2010 Server", and then select Action > Stop.

8.  Delete the "empty" repositories found at "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\MapGuideEnterprise2010\Server\Repositories", then copy the MapGuide Enterprise 2009 repositories found at "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\MapGuideEnterprise2009\Server\Repositories" to "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\MapGuideEnterprise2010\Server\Repositories".

9.  In the DOS window, change to the RepositoryAdmin directory "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\MapGuideEnterprise2010\Server\RepositoryAdmin".

10. In the DOS window, run SetupRepositoryIndices.bat. Check the output to make sure there are no errors.

11. Start your Autodesk MapGuide Enterprise 2010 server.

Steve.