[mapguide-users] Re: building 64bit openmapguide on rhel 5.4

Balogh Ádám adamb at geoform.hu
Fri Apr 16 09:48:50 EDT 2010

Dear Stefano, Rajeev and other who are awaiting for my reaults I can proudly
present, that after 4 weeks work I finally build openmapguide on 64 bit RHEL
Linux.Thanks Kevin and Stefano for IFDEF staf, Trevor for atomic, and all
who halped. Thank you.I have Not tested it yet, detailed notes on build in
private for those who asked (Rajeev)Happy weekend,Adam BaloghSorry for late
response, KFW is right, you can remove the IFDEF and you will be able to
compile on RH 5.3, 5.4 and 5.5, but the IFDEF was added to implement that
functionalities, so my advice is to consider to do something "alternative".

I don't know why, but the functionalities were implemented in the IFDEF in
more recent releases of the DWF ToolKit (I suppose that Adobe decided to
support 64 bit only in recent versions, so the ifdef in the preliminary
releases was left intentionally blank, to prepare the code for new
developments).

Here there is a license issue, because I'm not sure that can be used in
production, anyway an alternative (and valuable) solution is to upgrade the
version of the DWF ToolKit in the MapGuide (if I'm not wrong, the first
version supporting 64x should be 7.3.x). You just need to untar the package
in the right directory, the makefile/build file has minor changes and will
work perfectly.
In this case you will see that the compilation will work successfully.

As it is recalled in many other parts, I suggest to do a make clean and
recompile everything. There is no issue about compatibility with recent
kernels and/or glibc libs, I also crosschecked this.

The advantage is that the code defined on that variables, is implemented in
the newest version, and if you have any problem, at least you know that the
toolkit is consistent.

Just my suggestion, let us know if you succeeded!

Stefano