[mapguide-users] use OpenLayers.Layer.MapGuide without MapGuide server

Daniel Du Daniel.Du at autodesk.com
Fri Apr 16 05:49:40 EDT 2010

Hi all,
Is it possible to use OpenLayers.Layer.MapGuide without setting up a MapGuide server, image I have get the tile generated by Maestro and copy the TileCache folder to another webserver. It is supposed to be OK, but I noticed that mapDefinition must be specified in online help:
OpenLayers.Layer.MapGuide

Create a new Mapguide layer, either tiled or untiled.

For tiled layers, the 'groupName' and 'mapDefinition' values must be specified as parameters in the constructor.

If tiled layer without MapGuide Server is possible, what is the usage of mapDefinition'?

Thanks, Any comments would be appreciated!

Best regards,
Daniel Du

<I post it in MapGuide OpenSource Group as well, as maybe it is more specific to MapGuide than OpenLayers>