[mapguide-users] Update SHP data problem

Steve G steve.golden at morganhill.ca.gov
Thu Feb 4 21:48:31 EST 2010

I am using MGOS 2.02 and using Maestro to manage data connection, layers,
maps, etc.  I have a data connection to an unmanaged SHP file on the server.
I have been browsing the data via the php viewer for some time now.  I
recently updated the data (added polygons and changed the attribute data),
but did not change the filename.  Now when the php viewer pulls up the data,
it has errors (polygons missing) and some of the polygons aren't selectable.
If I save the data to a different shp file (data1.shp > data2.shp) and
create a new data connection, layer, etc I do not have any problems.  I have
tried creating new data connections and layers to the original file name,
but nothing seems to correct the problem.  I would like to keep the old file
name as I have a lot of other projects that reference that filename.  I
don't know if there is some cache somewhere that needs to be cleared?  I
have already restarted the service and server.  Any help?

Thanks,

Steve