[mapguide-users] malformed syntax error

Joanne Cook j.cook at oxfordarch.co.uk
Fri Feb 12 12:01:30 EST 2010

Dear All,

I have had to transfer a mapserver wms to work with IIS6 rather than apache. I'm then trying to connect to it with MGOS 2.01. Previously the mapserver URL (with the map parameter) was wrapped in a cgi file, so I could call it from MGOS using the syntax http://mapserver/cgi-bin/mymap.cgi?

MGOS connected quite happily like that, but with IIS I can't use the same approach. I have tried putting the full address of the mapserver wms with the map parameter in as the server URL in Maestro but when I try and test the connection I get an error that the remote server has refused the request due to malformed syntax.

I have tested the mapserver wms using getcapabilities and getmap requests and all seems to be working fine, and I used the instructions on the MGOS wiki to create the wms feature source. I'm so unfamiliar with IIS that I don't even know where to find the log files to see what request is actually being sent. So, basically, how do I get around this issue in IIS6?

Many thanks for your help

Jo

Joanne Cook
Senior IT Support and Development