[mapguide-users] Re: GeoREST 1.0 Released!

Haris Kurtagic haris at sl-king.com
Thu Feb 18 15:17:59 EST 2010

Yes, that is exactly what we are doing with GeoREST.

There is working example with Sheboygan data, when you unpack GeoREST. As it
says in installation notes
http://code.google.com/p/georest/wiki/Installation you can run it and try
quickly with build-in http server. You can try it even without MapGuide  in
such case there will be no image but you can view/edit data as vector trough
OL and GeoREST OL layer.

Also, on our web there is basic sample:
http://www.sl-king.com/<http://www.sl-king.com/georestsamples/example1/rview.html>
georestsamples <http://www.sl-king.com/georestsamples/example1/rview.html>/<http://www.sl-king.com/georestsamples/example1/rview.html>
example1 <http://www.sl-king.com/georestsamples/example1/rview.html>/<http://www.sl-king.com/georestsamples/example1/rview.html>
rview <http://www.sl-king.com/georestsamples/example1/rview.html>.ht<http://www.sl-king.com/georestsamples/example1/rview.html>
ml <http://www.sl-king.com/georestsamples/example1/rview.html>

When you zoom  in , you can edit parcels, buildings. When you select
parcel/building on left you will get option to click edit which will be
bring html form trough which you can edit data.
All this is driven trough http and html templates, you don't need any coding
to do basic stuff.

What is missing right now is security for editing.
We are working on real project where edits needs to be allowed for
authenticated users only, when we finish it it will be part of GeoREST.

Haris