[mapguide-users] MgFeatureReader.Close() doesnt close postgis connections

Bruce Dechant bruce.dechant at autodesk.com
Tue Jul 13 13:10:39 EDT 2010

James,

Closing the reader doesn't close the connection on the server side - this is due to the connection pooling.

If you want to ensure that it does get closed you could add the postgis provider to the list of excluded providers. Doing so will have a negative impact on performance though. The server will automatically release the connection after a period of inactivity (Another serverconfig.ini setting. ie: DataConnectionTimeout).

The excluded provider setting is in the serverconfig.ini file:
[FeatureServiceProperties]
DataConnectionPoolExcludedProviders = OSGeo.PostGIS

The change will take effect when you restart the server.

Thanks,
Bruce