[mapguide-users] RE: MgFeatureReader.Close() doesnt close postgis connections

doggybs james.slater at keynetix.com
Wed Jul 14 04:29:32 EDT 2010

Thank you for you reply Bruce.

That make a lot of sense, and explains some of the problems i've been
experiencing.

In postgres the dafault max connections is 100, where as the default max
connection pool in mapguide is 200, which would explain why after a few hour
use of the system that postgres was refusing to give out anymore
connections.

Also something strange i've noticed. If I set the max connection pool to 10.
Postgres receives 20 connections from mapguide. If I set the max connection
pool to 5, postgres recieves 10 connections from mapguide.

So it looks like mapguide is actually creating exactly double the
connections pool size.

Thanks again for the info.
James