[mapguide-users] Re: Mag Guide setup on II7 2008 Server Issue, Please help

miansi AndreiSinelnikov at SierraSystems.com
Wed May 5 20:48:39 EDT 2010

PHP:
C:\Program Files (x86)\OSGeo\MapGuide\Web\Php\php5isapi.dll

But I have to say that since MGOS v2.1 Beta I never had to tweak handlers
myself - on every single environment (Server/Desktop OS 32/64 bit) handlers
were installed automagically just fine.

As I said - if you had issues with previous installation you MAY need to
manually remove these handlers and manually remove ISAPI restrictions (IIS -
root):

http://n2.nabble.com/file/n5011955/Restrictions.png

In your case #5 is not applicable as it is dealing with HTTP traffic
compression, which is done in 64 bit even though you set AppPools to operate
in 32 bit in case of specific Microsoft Software installed
(WSUS/Sharepoint).

I would suggest you to build a Virtial Machine and do test installation on
VM first. After successful install - apply same stept to your server with
other application on it :-).

One more thing to mention - in such tricky cases of debugging something on
IIS - Custom Logging really helps:

http://learn.iis.net/page.aspx/579/advanced-logging-for-iis-70---custom-logging/
http://learn.iis.net/page.aspx/579/advanced-logging-for-iis-70---custom-logging/

I think in the link I gave you in #5 they discuss how to set up logging to
capture exact error and find out what is going on.

Let me know if it helps.

Andrei