[mapguide-users] Does mapguidedotnetapi enable backward compatibility?

Birgir bgu at geograf.dk
Tue Oct 19 10:09:33 EDT 2010

Hi,
Im am trying to run my project with mapguide2009 but using the
MapguideDotNetApi.dlls from mapguide2011.
As I understand, the mapguidedotnetapi exist to enable backward
compatibility. Is there anyone that has had success with that?

I get the following error when initializing webtier. As mentioned by Gunter
in
http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/Problem-connecting-initialize-WebTier-in-MGOS-2-2-RC1-td5636582.html#a5637918
I have added the dlls to the bin and grantet access to network services.

Error: The type initializer for 'OSGeo.MapGuide.MapGuideApiPINVOKE' threw an
exception.
Source: OSGeo.MapGuide.Web
Stack trace:    at
OSGeo.MapGuide.MapGuideApiPINVOKE.MgInitializeWebTier(String jarg1)
Error: The type initializer for 'SWIGExceptionHelper' threw an exception.
Source: OSGeo.MapGuide.Web
Stack trace:    at
OSGeo.MapGuide.MapGuideApiPINVOKE.SWIGExceptionHelper..ctor()
   at OSGeo.MapGuide.MapGuideApiPINVOKE..cctor()
Error: Unable to load DLL 'WebUnmanagedApi': The specified procedure could
not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007F)
Source: OSGeo.MapGuide.Web
Stack trace:    at
OSGeo.MapGuide.MapGuideApiPINVOKE.SWIGExceptionHelper.SWIGRegisterCustomExceptionCallbacks_MapGuideApi(SWIGCustomExceptionDelegate
customExceptionDelegate)
   at OSGeo.MapGuide.MapGuideApiPINVOKE.SWIGExceptionHelper..cctor()