[mapguide-users] Re: Mapagent FCGI Not Found

John Grego johng at vtnnv.com
Tue Dec 20 14:22:13 EST 2011

My problem is now solved.

Although I’ve tried everything contained in the following solution before, I
believe the thoroughness and sequencing of the steps was the key to my
current success in configuring IMS 2012 to run on IIS 7.5, Windows 2008
Server R2 (64-bit).

1.  Move the contents of the Default Web Site (c:\inetpub\wwwroot) to a
temporary location.

2.  Remove IIS 7.5 and the c:\inetpub directory contents.

3.  Uninstall the IMS web server extensions and remove the directory; in my
case:  C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Autodesk Infrastructure Web Server
Extension 2012

4.  Reboot the server.

5.  Add the Web Server (IIS) role with the default services, and include all
of the Application Development services, i.e., ASP.NET, CGI, etc.

6.  Install Microsoft.NET Framework V4.0.30319.  At one time I had
successfully configured IMS to run with Framework V2.0.50727, but I decided
to try V4.0 because it was referenced by someone in another thread.

7.  Restore the contents of the Default Web Site that were moved in step 1.

8.  I reinstalled the web server extensions as I’ve done on numerous
occasions, using the instructions contained here:
http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Infr._Map_Server/enu/2012/Help/New/0000-Installa0/0008-Installa8/0011-Configur11/0014-Configur14

9.  I created an application pool for my IMS applications, based on the V4.0
.NET Framework Version in Integrated Managed Pipeline Mode.    I also set
the Enable 32-Bit Applications setting to False, as Hans suggested earlier.

It may have been possible to achieve the same results without completely
removing everything, but after various combinations of settings that did not
work, this method finally helped me get IMS up and running again.  I hope
others may find this information useful.

Regards,

-John

-----
John Grego