[mapguide-users] Retrieving data from Oracle for MapGuide OS

Eric Poon ericpoon124 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 19:43:29 EDT 2011

Hi Zack,

I am currently using MapGuide Open Source 2.1 and I've updated all the FDO
to ver 3.4.

The table has roughly 600 rows of data (for testing purposes), with 5
columns, and 2 of them are lat/long values. This company used to have all
non-spatial data (properties listings) and we are planning to add lat/long
values to those tables so we can map them out to do some spatial analysis
for research purposes. I thought about using real Oracle spatial data, but
because I have limited access to the database and the DBA is also located on
the otherside of the country I would prefer to go to the 'easiest' way in
terms of setting up the data within Oracle.

I checked the access.logs file on the server and I get these:

<2011-03-31T16:28:23>  2184 MapGuide Maestro
v2.0.0.4650 127.0.0.1 Administrator TestFeatureSourceConnection

followed by EnumerateResourceData.1.0.0:1 and SetResource.1.0.0:3 when I
clicked "test connection", and "configure columns" withn Maestro.

Also, are we suppose to see the list of filenames on that listbox within the
ODBC FDO menu after clicking "Test Connection"?

Thanks in advance for all the help!
Eric