[mapguide-users] QuickPlot and html headers - FYI & request

Homan, Thomas thoman at co.gila.az.us
Tue Sep 20 15:38:52 EDT 2011

I ran into a item that caused QuickPlot to stop functioning for me so thought I'd pass it along

My environment:
MS Server 2008 R2 Standard 64bit
Lots of ram and drive space
IIS7.5
AIMS 2012 - Installed to Default Web Site

I have several websites on this server so decided to use html headers rather than allocating a new IP address or changing port numbers as a means of website segregation. If headers are enabled in the bindings section of IIS then the QuickPlot function does not work and generates the 'The application resources required to generate the plot exceed the settings defined by the administrator' error message. In my case I had my webserver set up to enter AIMS via gis.gilacountyaz.gov/mapserver2012/mapviewerajax/... so set a binding of gis.gilacountyaz.gov thinking I was helping myself. Turns out it I wasn't.

I don't know if anyone else would have a moment to test this error on their server. I don't know if MGOS would exhibit similar loss of functionality. It would be nice to know I'm not the only one with this condition. In my case it was just a matter of editing the bindings then restarting IIS. 5 min in and out.

Regards,

Thomas Homan
Gila County Public Works
GIS Coordinator