[mapguide-users] Thematic maps on Non Spatial Data

Jamo adam.jamison at portbris.com.au
Wed Aug 15 21:54:36 PDT 2012

So we have two tables one with say geometry and an id and one with an id and
attributes...?

I have a similar setup here but I'm affraid the only way to accomplish the
task is to join them either at the DB end or at mapguide.

I join them at the DB so whenever a change is made it triggers to modify the
combined table so then you maintain the spatial data and the external data
is simply appended when it changes.

I have used this to join our cadastre (Spatial Data) to our Land Management
System (Attribute Data).

Hope that helps