[mapguide-users] Re: 64-bit woes

Crispin_at_Linknode crispin.hoult at linknode.co.uk
Wed Jan 11 12:42:01 EST 2012

Hi,

There is a slightly better way to achieve this (assuming .NET application on
x64 machine).

On a x64 machine install the 64-bit version of MapGuide.
This will install the 64-bit server and configure the 64-bt web-tier.

Also download and extract the 32-bit versions of all the web-tier DLLs for
the next step.

In your application in Visual Studio use the 32-bit references (and copy all
the folders from the 32-bit ajaxviewer\bin folder to your project\bin
folder).

Configure your VS project to run under an IIS virtual directory.  Add a new
32-bit compatible app-pool to IIS to ensure that you are 32-bit compatible
and set your application to use that app pool.

You application can then use the standard webconfig.ini to initialise but
will run the web-tier in 32-bit mode allowing you to debug but communicate
with the 64-bit server and services for native compatibility.

The only problem I have left is that I have applications that also require
an Oracle client and I cannot get a 32-bit Ora client to run on x64 so I am
stuck with the "incorrect format" problem.
Could someone advise if this is due to the web-tier DLLs being compiled in
specific x86 and x64 versions - if the web-tier were compiled in "any CPU"
would this solve the problem generically?

-----
linknode.co.uk