[mapguide-users] Fusion Spanish localization

Octavio Rodriguez octavio.rdz at gmail.com
Sat May 26 19:54:05 PDT 2012

First let me say that I have a basic knowledge about Fusion so I don't know
if I call everything the way it should be called :P

Issue: I want the Fusion detects browser language (already doing this as
far as I've seen) and loads the localizations files for everything.

I would like to have my Fusion Application localized in Spanish. I googled
about it and I found the attached files I placed them in path 'C:\Program
Files (x86)\OSGeo\MapGuide\Web\www\fusion\text' and something did changed
to Spanish but only a "few" things.
I been looking at the Fusion code and templates files I see that Fusion
search for the browser languages and for the query param "locale=es" I have
tried both, to see if helps but nothing changed.
I have also seen that in the index.html file for the application/template
there are some "hard coded" string like in the following code:

var p1 = new Jx.Panel({
        label: 'Legend',
        content: 'Legend',
        collapse: false,
        maximize: true
    });

I see no way for the string "Legend" to get localized in this code unless
Jx:Panel does it internally.
I would like to know what is the correct/supported way to localize a Fusion
application. I know that OpenLayers has support for localization too I
don't know if I can use/extend that and use it in the Fusion application.
Not sure is completely related but what is the way to localize a widget
server side and client side.

Thanks in advance.<http://localhost/mapguide/fusion/templates/mapguide/hayden/?locale=es>

--
Atte. Octavio Rodríguez Castañeda