[mapguide-users] Maestro 5.0b. the extent of DWF file can't be parsed automatically?

carls carlshe at 163.com
Wed Nov 7 16:49:00 PST 2012

Hi, Jackie,

   Thank you for your great contribution to MG and Maestro.

   I unpack two different types of dwf file, one is the older version
(*.dwf), and another is the newer version (*.dwfx).

   I found *.dwf has no *.pia within it, and *.dwfx exactly has a *.pia
file. But both files have the descriptor.xml which contains the
'ePlot:Paper', that defines the clip of the paper used for drawing.

   But to my suprise, Maestro doesn't accept a *.dwfx file to create a
drawing source. *.dwf is accepted, but because no *.pia file within it, so I
guess, that's just why no extent parsed for it automatically.

   Maybe you used the newer toolkit to parse the older file?

   Just for your reference. Because I have only two files respectively for
the older and newer versions of dwf format, I can't give more information
about it now.

   Thanks again!