[mapguide-users] Hyperlink in Selection panel

Bernhard Maehler bernhard.maehler at gmx.de
Tue Feb 12 10:26:43 PST 2013

I have the same problem.
Hyperlinks work fine in Ajax viewer but don't work in Fusion viewer (bundled
Version with MGOS 2.4, PHP and Apache).

<http://osgeo-org.1560.n6.nabble.com/file/n5033778/link1.png>

I looked through the code and noticed, that all property values are
converted to HTML entities.
This happens in Utilities.php (fusion\layers\MapGuide\php) from line 883 to
885

    $value = htmlentities($value, ENT_COMPAT, 'UTF-8');
    $value = addslashes($value);
    $value = preg_replace( "/\r?\n/", "<br>", $value );

Once I have uncommented these 3 lines hyperlinks work fine.

<http://osgeo-org.1560.n6.nabble.com/file/n5033778/link2.png>

I am not a programmer but I assume that this function should secure against
Cross Site Scripting (XSS) vulnerabilities
and it might be a risk to apply these changes.

Anyone got any other suggestions to solve this Problem?

Thanks,
Bernhard