[mapguide-users] Tiling bottleneck with goal

Steve G stevenlgolden at gmail.com
Wed May 8 00:10:28 PDT 2013

So, based on the notion that MgCooker just " mimics the calls the browser
makes
<http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/specification-of-TileCache-tp5032364p5032649.html>
" , is it safe to assume that if I am just building tiles for raster base
layers (using GDAL provider), then one of the major bottlenecks is the
single threading processing
<http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/Anyone-interested-in-multi-threaded-GDAL-support-td4964430.html>
that gdal uses?

I was doing some performance monitoring while MgCooker was running and if
someone confirms the above, that would substantiate the response from the
server.

Also, if this is the case, then does the "Concurrent Request" variable in
MgCooker really matter (i.e. it's not going to process anymore than 1
request at a time) for creating tiles that are using the gdal provider (as
long as it remains single threaded)?

Steve

PS. Sorry to start another thread...nabble would not let me reply to