[mapguide-users] Only portions of a layer appears at some scales

Berg, James James.Berg at stantec.com
Wed May 8 09:47:04 PDT 2013

I'm working with a line layer that uses a feature class created from a join with a .shp feature source and an ODBC feature source. The join is an inner join.

The SQL table has 5289 records and the shp file has 5220. The expected outcome of the join is 5220, but the rows returned by the joined feature class is 1870. The columns used for the join are string columns whose values are prefixes (all STP) and an integer ex: STP1576. Using this shp file and table in MapGuide 6.5 works fine. This is the first issue because I'm expecting 5220 rows like with 6.5.

When I view my layer in the preview or a map, about two thirds of the lines are missing. This part makes sense only because the joined feature class isn't returning all the rows, however, when I zoom in the missing lines appear. That doesn't make sense to me because I thought those lines were excluded from the joined feature class.

In summary:

A.    I need my joined feature class to return all 5220 rows from the shp with an inner join. Is there something about the way FDO handles this kind of inner join that would make it behave differently than a SQL inner join? Can I compensate for it?

B.    All of the lines need to appear at all scales. Also, it confuses me that the lines show up at zoomed scales at all since the feature class isn't returning everything.

Thanks in advance if anyone can post a hint or two.

Layer @19266 scale in preview                                     More lines appear @9633 scale in preview

[cid:image004.jpg at 01CE4BE1.C2BB1B50] [cid:image003.png at 01CE4BDE.49475E80]

MGOS 2.4
Windows Server 2003 r2
Mapguide 32bit
IIS/.NET