[mapguide-users] Only portions of a layer appears at some scales

Berg, James James.Berg at stantec.com
Wed May 15 09:31:18 PDT 2013

I figured out what was going wrong with my layer so I'll share what I found out.

The problem occurred because the .dbf column in the shp file that was used for the join had non-printing characters of some kind in them. That's my guess because creating a new int column in the .dbf without the 'STP' prefix and changing it back to a string with the prefix resolved the problem. I'm assuming the changing of data types cleaned up the data of whatever invisible characters were throwing off the join.

As for why some of missing lines showed up at certain scale ranges, that's still a mystery to me. These missing lines would show up without the SQL data, so I'm assuming that only the SQL data was excluded from the join, yet the geometry was partially preserved somehow.

So it looks like it was not something like a setting in Maestro would solve. It was the shp file data all along.