[mapguide-users] bug correction for MG 3.0 install script (mginstallubuntu.sh)

Ricardo Pinho ricardodepinho at gmail.com
Sat Jan 24 14:13:06 PST 2015

Hi,
I've used the provided Mapguide OS v3.0 install script on Ubuntu 12.04 (32
bits).
http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/wiki/Release/3.0/Notes

This file mginstallubuntu.sh can be downloaded from
http://download.osgeo.org/mapguide/releases/3.0.0/Preview1/ubuntu12_32/mginstallubuntu.sh

It must be run by root with this command:
sudo bash mginstallubuntu.sh

Unfortunately it ends with several errors:
* Starting MapGuide Server
/etc/init.d/mapguide: 14: /etc/init.d/mapguide: pushd: not found

Since pushd is a bash enhancement to the POSIX-specified Bourne Shell.

You must edit the script file
(sudo vi mginstallubuntu.sh)
to replace the first line:
#!/bin/sh to  #!/bin/bash

This solved my install problem, and MG OS 3.0 starts and runs nicely!

Cheers,
Ricardo Pinho