[mapguide-users] Corrupted .idx files for shp file connections

Berg, James James.Berg at stantec.com
Mon Jan 26 10:38:14 PST 2015

I think I may have found the cause of the issue:

First, I was able to reproduce the .idx file corruption by selecting one of the features in the layer created from the affected shp file. Then I toggled the layer on and off until the .idx file was corrupted. Doing this without he selection didn't seem to break it.

We discovered that the affected shp file had a record in it that did not have an associated polygon. We deleted that record and tried again. We were unable to corrupt the .idx file using the above method anymore. The record with the unassociated polygon was declared the cause and deleting was declared our fix.

Thanks for responding, everyone. Like usual, posting here has a way of helping me figure stuff out.