[MapProxy] MapProxy settings with tilecache

Dominik Helle helle at omniscale.de
Thu Apr 22 03:29:20 EDT 2010

Hi Pierre,

Am 21.04.2010 um 22:04 schrieb pierre verkest:
> I'm newbie with MapProxy and I'm trying to set it with my own tilecache server.

welcome to mapproxy list.

> Then I want to add a new layer (services.yaml) :
>         sources:
>         - type: cache_wms
>           req:
>             url: http://www.verkest.homelinux.com/wms/tilecache.py
>             layers: basic
>
> When I want to add that layer in Qgis I get an error:
> HTTP Error (http://www.verkest.homelinux.c...): 404

The HTTP 404 error is from our tilecache.

> Is it a miss configuration or a miss install?

You have to include your Tilecache as a TMS Layer (type: cache_tms), because the tilecache does not support WMS.

You find an TMS Layer example in the servies.yaml:
http://bitbucket.org/olt/mapproxy/src/tip/mapproxy/core/paster_templates/templates/etc/services.yaml#cl-59

Regards,

Dominik

--
Dominik Helle <helle at omniscale.de>
Omniscale, Dominik Helle, Oliver Tonnhofer GbR