[MapProxy] Setup under Apache and clearing the cache and EPSG issues

Fabian Schindler fabian.schindler at eox.at
Thu Apr 22 05:59:51 EDT 2010

Hi,

By obeying the instructions for installation I was able to setup the
mapproxy and I am quite content with it.

But I still got some issues I'd like to sort out:

First, what steps do I have to perform (or where can I retrieve the
information) to start MapProxy from Apache2? Unfortunately the
documentation lacks these information and 'Paster' just doesn't fulfill
my requirements.
If I can get help to this topic, I could contribute the documentation
for the setup.

Secondly, I would like to know if there is a better way to clear the
cache other than to just delete the images in the 'var' folder and the
locks in the 'etc' one.

My last question is about the EPSG system involved. My previous
OpenLayers-Webpage requested images in the EPSG:3035 format, but by
using MapProxy I could only access the images in the EPSG:4326 format.
I've also tried by changing the EPSG-settings in the services.yaml file.
Also the images I get in the OpenLayers-Page seem distorted.
So, did I make wrong settings or is there a workaround?

I hope someone can help me, because I'm really looking forward to use
MapProxy in a productive environment.

Thanks in advance,
Fabian Schindler