[MapProxy] California in Africa

Sebastian E. Ovide sebastian.ovide at gmail.com
Tue Aug 31 12:17:06 EDT 2010

I am trying both, tms and service...

recapitulating: MapServer produces the right tiles and it works well in
OpenLayers:

            var ms_mapinfo_sh = new OpenLayers.Layer.MapServer( "MapServer
from MapInfo shape file",
                    "http://10.0.1.40/cgi-bin/mapserv",
                    {    layers: 'ca_wild_fire',
                        map:
'/home/sebas/public_html/workshop-5.4/sebas.map'
                    }, { opacity: 0.5}
            );

With MapServer or TileCache, OpenLayers works well too. For example with
TileCache I'd use:

            var ca_wild_fire_tilecache = new OpenLayers.Layer.WMS( "CA Wild
Fire TileCache",
                "http://10.0.1.40/tiles/",  { layers: 'ca_wild_fire' } ,  {
opacity: 0.5, }
            );

and in tilecache.conf

[ca_wild_fire]
type=WMS
url=
http://10.0.1.40/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=/home/sebas/public_html/workshop-5.4/sebas.map&transparent=true
layers=ca_wild_fire
spherical_mercator=true
srs=EPSG:3857
tms_type=google
extent_type=loose

how can I do exactly the same with MapProxy ? Do I really need to modify my
OpenLayers script ?

--
Sebastian E. Ovide