[MapProxy] MapProxy 0.9 under IIS on Windows

Milo van der Linden milo at dogodigi.net
Wed Nov 10 07:51:57 EST 2010

My appologies for not replying to list earlier..

Securing the webserver is easy compared to implementing fastcgi on IIS in my
opinion. But anyway; follow the instructions here:
http://mapproxy.org/docs/latest/deployment.html#production on how to run
mapproxy on a fcgi-socket

>From that point forward, I think you will be most likely to succeed by
implementing http://code.google.com/p/isapi-wsgi/ the fastCGI module you are
trying to use is pretty useless for sockets, especially python based...

2010/11/10 Jörg Schräder <schraeder at hansaluftbild.de>

> This is true for the development server which is started via command line.
> It includes a standalone http server which can be called from outside on
> port 8080.
> But for productional environments the mapproxy documentation recommends a
> deployment via FastCGI. And why should I install another webserver which I
> would have to secure seperately if I already have one.
>
> -------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Betreff: Re: [MapProxy] MapProxy 0.9 under IIS on Windows
> Von: Milo van der Linden <milo at dogodigi.net>
> An: Jörg Schräder <schraeder at hansaluftbild.de>
> Datum: 11/10/2010 11:58 AM
>
>> I am not completely sure, but in my opinion, mapproxy is a standalone
>>
>> webserver acting on another port then port 80 (I believe it is 8080 by
>> default)
>>
>> No need for modules or whatever on IIS.
>>
>> So what you would need if you don't want visitors to enter the port
>> number like: http://someserver.org:8080/ you have to set up some port
>> forwarding mechanism from IIS

Milo van der Linden
Open Source Geospatial consultant