[MapProxy] ProjInitError

Jason Lee jaslee.st at gmail.com
Thu Nov 25 09:27:26 EST 2010

Hi,
I just downloaded and installed MapProxy (0.9.0.1) locally on my Windows
Vista machine for testing. I followed the steps as per the documentation to
the point I thought I was ready to startup the MapProxy server, i.e. "paster
serve etc/develop.ini --reload"

Unfortunately I get an error message :-

"mapproxy.platform.cpython.proj.ProjInitError: error initializing
Proj(proj_def=None, init='epsg:4326'): Invalid argument"

I'm not too sure what I have missed along the installation steps although I
have re-installed several times with the same result. Interestingly, I have
FWTools installed on my machine and when I startup MapProxy from within a
FWTools command prompt it seems to run up fine?! Is it because MapProxy
cannot find map projection settings that FWTools provides in its environment
settings?

Jason