[MapProxy] Map skewed in the far East / International Date Line

Oliver Tonnhofer olt at omniscale.de
Mon Jan 10 05:17:11 EST 2011

On 07.01.2011, at 18:41, Jason Lee wrote:

> Hi,
> I only just noticed this with my MapProxy installation using WMS from a Tile source - if I zoom out to the world extent, I can see a kind of image skewing of the map at the far Eastern extremity where the International Date Line should be.
>
> Viewing in Openlayers where the map should wrap around from East Asia to North America, there seems to be a thin "gap" that is filled in with a squashed image of the whole world. Is it a known issue?

Andreas mentioned that issue:
http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/mapproxy/2010-November/000290.html

and he found the cause and a solution:
http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/mapproxy/2010-December/000301.html

I haven't verified it, but I think the behavior changed with proj 4.7. I'm not sure how to handle that issue.

Oliver Tonnhofer <olt at omniscale.de>
Omniscale - Dominik Helle, Oliver Tonnhofer GbR
Nadorster Str. 60, 26123 Oldenburg
Tel: +49(0)441/9392774-2 (Fax: 9)