[MapProxy] Mapnik and Mapproxy

Andreas Trawoeger atrawog at datenscheibe.org
Mon Sep 5 05:24:47 EDT 2011

2011/9/5 Jorge Gaspar Sanz Salinas <jsanz at osgeo.org>

> The mapnik renderer discussion has put on my head the question about how
> good it would be a workflow like:
>
> Design on TileMill -> Export Mapnik XML -> Publish on Mapproxy
>
> I haven't tried it yet.
>
> So my question to the list is if there are any good or bad experience
> using Mapnik source on MapProxy.

I have actually tried that and actually made it work, but it is kind of
tricky, because TileMill generates Mapnik2 configuration files which
Mapproxy doesn't support at the moment.

Mapnik2 development is in heavy flux and the new Tilemill 0.5 version broke
my old setup. I will try to make it work again and post my setup.

Another thing that does work is to generate a Mbtiles files[0] with Mapproxy
and serve them with Tilestream[1].

cu andreas

[0] http://mapproxy.org/docs/nightly/configuration.html#mbtiles
[1] http://tilestream.com/