[MapProxy] tile_locks-location configurable?

Oliver Tonnhofer olt at omniscale.de
Tue Sep 20 07:38:52 EDT 2011

On 20.09.2011, at 11:13, Stephan Holl wrote:
>> The lock_dir is for service wide locks, i.e. to limit the concurrent
>> requests to one WMS. The tile_locks folder is not configurable.
>
> Thanks, why not?

We never needed that.

> It would be good to have an option to configure within each
> cache. Having the cache on a cluster-fs with several load-balanced
> Mapproxy-servers this causes problems.

The locking should work on network file systems. If it doesn't work on your fs, than you should try to solve that issue first. A working locking is essential if you don't want to have MapProxy requesting the same metatiles multiple times.

> Perhaps this can be configurable in one of our next releases.

Patches (for both) are welcomed.

Oliver Tonnhofer    | Omniscale GmbH & Co KG    | http://omniscale.de
http://mapproxy.org | https://bitbucket.org/olt | @oltonn