[MapProxy] WMTS request is asking for the wrong tiles

Seth Ellingson seth.ellingson at blackbridge.com
Fri Jan 18 14:25:35 PST 2013

Hi guys,
  I have a strange problem with my WMTS service.  I am using OpenLayers to
make the request and I'm using FireBug to view each request.  First off, it
appears that the request is correct, in firebug I get a url like the
following:

http://my.app.com/mapproxy/wmts/Bangladesh/mercatorGrid/6/47/27.png

so to further investigate, I enter that URL into my browser and I get this
error from MapCache

HTTP Error "
http://localhost/mapcache/wmts/1.0.0/Bangladesh/default/GoogleMapsCompatible/6/36/47.png":
404

This is the weird thing, why did the x value(which should be 27) change to
36?  This request will work fine if I change that 36 to 27.

I thought it might have something to do with the grid origin, but switching
that didn't seem to do anything.  Does anyone have an idea why this might
be happening?

Here is my config:

services:
  wmts: