[MapProxy] database-update triggered reseeding

Oliver Tonnhofer tonnhofer at omniscale.de
Fri Jan 30 02:06:02 PST 2015

Hi Steven,

caching and highly dynamic data is tricky :)
You can use a PostGIS query or an HTTP GeoJSON service as the source for a seed/cleanup coverage. But you need to check if that works for your case. From the docs:

Be careful when cleaning up caches with large coverages and levels with lots of tiles (>14). Without coverages, the seed tool works on the file system level and it only needs to check for existing tiles if they should be removed. With coverages, the seed tool traverses the whole tile pyramid and needs to check every posible tile if it exists and if it should be removed. This is much slower.

You could remove the complete lower levels frequently and use a cleanup with a coverage for the upper levels. Or you could disable caching completely and use a simple caching HTTP proxy in front with short expire time. (If the rendering is somewhat fast.)

Oliver Tonnhofer  | Omniscale GmbH & Co KG  | http://omniscale.com
OpenStreetMap WMS and tile services         | http://maps.omniscale.com