[geojquery] Possible Plugin list

Volker Mische volker.mische at gmail.com
Tue Jul 27 10:24:45 EDT 2010

On 07/27/2010 04:19 PM, Christian Wygoda wrote:
> So I have a feeling that there will be a two-split approach for GJQ
> implementation:
>
> 1) The GJQ core plugin which offers an jQuery-style interface to the
> OpenLayers API. Probably a "classic" jQuery plugin without the
> dependency on jQuery UI. Here custom selectors, event binding and so on
> are implemented for everyone using jQuery to have easy access to OpenLayers.
>
> 2) The GJQ UI plugins, providing all kinds of "widgets", like an ToC,
> dialogs for layer configuration, buttons/actions and so on. There will
> be a heavy dependency on jQuery UI and (hopefully) the jQuery UI widget
> factory will be used.
>
> 3) Some would like to have a GeoExt API/Functionality clone, but this
> would either be
>    3a) based on 1) + 2) or
>    3b) an tutorial for people of how to switch to (somedays) GJQ happiness?
>
> Is that the general understanding of where we're headed? Please throw in
> you 2c!
>
> If so, I would like to set up a wiki overview page for these with
> individual wiki pages for each plugin so as to have condensation points
> for ideas.

Hi Christian,

great summary. I think the 1) and 2) is the general understanding.

To 1) Some thoughts on the design should go into it, but I would be
happy if it would be coded out of a certainneed. This means, people
start on 2), and find out that they do the same things over and over
again. Then it should go into 1).

Cheers,
   Volker