[MapQuery] Directory layout + external libs in Git repo

Anne Blankert anne.blankert at geodan.nl
Fri Nov 12 06:29:26 EST 2010

In the newly proposed and improved directory layout, the demo's now
reference external libs like <script src="../lib/...></script>
I believe it is a good thing if demo's work out of the box, no
additional readme's, install.txt or conversions of .sh to .bat,
downloads etc.

Is there a good reason for the demo's not to reference online libraries?

So instead of:
  <script src="../lib/openlayers/OpenLayers.js"
type="text/javascript"></script>
  <script src="../lib/jquery/jquery-1.4.3.js"
type="text/javascript"></script>
  <script src="../lib/jquery/ui/jquery-ui.js"
type="text/javascript"></script>

Maybe use:
<script type="text/javascript"
src="http://openlayers.org/api/2.10/OpenLayers.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript"
src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.4.3/jquery.min.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript"
src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jqueryui/1.8.6/jquery-ui.min.js"></script>

?

>From the version numbers in the path names to the libs, users can see
with wich version of the external libs MapQuery is supposed to work.

Anne

On 11/11/2010 2:51 PM, Christian Wygoda wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 2:48 PM, Volker Mische
> <volker.mische at gmail.com <mailto:volker.mische at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hi,
>
>     On 11/11/2010 02:43 PM, Christian Wygoda wrote:
>     > I'll probably write a shell script to download and extract
>     everything,
>     > such a script could easily live inside the repo.
>     >
>     > Also, in follow up
>     http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/mapquery/2010-July/000091.html I'd
>     > like to suggest following file name scheme for our code
>     >
>     > Core:
>     > * jquery.geomap.map.js (now geoMap.js)
>     > * jquery.geomap.layer.js (now geoMap.js)
>
>     I would keep those to together in one file (the map and the layer) as
>     layer don't work without map (and they are not even visible to the
>     outside atm, just the geomap object is exposed).
>
>     I would also prefer a name change. geoMap was just chosen to have some
>     name. What about jquery.mapquery.core.js (which will be the only file
>     without jQuery UI dependency)?
>

> + 1
>

>     >
>     > For the widgets:
>     > * jquery.geomap.toc.js
>
>     And for the widgets jquery.mapquery.toc.js
>
>     >
>     > Aggregated "release" (someday...):
>     > * jquery.geomap.js
>     >
>     jquery.mapquery.js
>
>     Cheers,
>      Volker
>

> +1 Oops, of course I meant jquery.mapquery... Do I need more coffee or
> less coffee? :)

Drs. Anne Blankert
Geodan Systems & Research
President Kennedylaan 1