[Mapserver-dev] Compiling Python Mapscript

Howard C Butler hobu at iastate.edu
Mon Apr 28 11:24:56 EDT 2003

I'm having trouble compiling mapscript with swig 1.3.19 and gcc 3.2.  I am
using Norman's distutils script found on the wiki page.  Many deprecated
errors are being returned by swig, and gcc reports that it exits with
status 1, but there isn't much useful information in the trace (like what
is causing it).  I suspect that I'm probably missing a header file, swig is
generating bad/unintended code, or my gcc is screwed up.

Can anyone refer me to a gcc/swig combination that they were able to
successfully get this going with?

Thanks

Howard