[Mapserver-dev] Compiling Python Mapscript

Sean Gillies sgillies at frii.com
Mon Apr 28 11:40:05 EDT 2003

Hi Howard,

You haven't mentioned which mapscript version.  I am assuming
mapscript from 3.6.5.  I had success building the 3.6 mapscript
with SWIG 1.3.11 and gcc 2.95.

I am currently compiling the development (3.7) mapscript with
SWIG 1.3.17 and gcc 3.2.  I subscribe to the SWIG list and read
that SWIG 1.3.18 had problems and have been waiting to see if
they are fixed in SWIG 1.3.19 before I upgrade.

cheers,
Sean

On Monday, April 28, 2003, at 09:24  AM, Howard C Butler wrote:

> I'm having trouble compiling mapscript with swig 1.3.19 and gcc 3.2.
> I am using Norman's distutils script found on the wiki page.  Many
> deprecated errors are being returned by swig, and gcc reports that it
> exits with status 1, but there isn't much useful information in the
> trace (like what is causing it).  I suspect that I'm probably missing
> a header file, swig is generating bad/unintended code, or my gcc is
> screwed up.
>
> Can anyone refer me to a gcc/swig combination that they were able to
> successfully get this going with?
>
> Thanks
>
> Howard

Sean Gillies