[Mapserver-dev] Compiling Python Mapscript

Sean Gillies sgillies at frii.com
Mon Apr 28 12:10:05 EDT 2003

Howard,

If you are using the CVS version, I encourage you to use the
distutil scripts (setup.py and setup_wnone.py) from CVS as well
rather than the older setup script from the Wiki page.  Open
up setup_wnone.py and read the header to see if you are
interested in the extra functionality.  'wnone' is short-hand
for 'with None', meaning support for assigning map object
attributes to 'None'.

Later today I will be committing changes to the Python mapcript
interface file pymodule.i which will take advantage of Daniel
Morissette's recent implementation of an error stack for
mapserver.

cheers,
Sean

--