[Mapserver-dev] 4.4 release plan

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at dmsolutions.ca
Fri Sep 24 17:25:03 EDT 2004

Hi,

I would like to start discussing a plan for the 4.4 release. I think the
development version (4.3) is in good shape and already contains a bunch
of improvements over 4.2 and I think we are approaching a point where we
could release it, once the current developments are completed of course.

The current developments that I am aware of, and that would need to be
wrapped up for 4.4 are:

- WCS (Steve - is this done?)

- WMS time support (Assefa, still 1-2 weeks to go)

- FastCGI (Frank - any idea on when you'd be done? Should this wait for
4.6 to avoid delaying 4.4?)

- MapScript (Sean - Is there anything underway that's needed for 4.4?)

- Of course we should walk through the bug list and cleanup any major issue

Did I forget anything?

Could we realistically target a feature freeze and a first beta around
mid-October, with a few beta releases in the following weeks and a final
release early November? If we aim for early November for final release,
then we may actually be able to release by the end of the year given the
way things usually go.

Any thoughts?

  Daniel Morissette               dmorissette at dmsolutions.ca