[Mapserver-dev] 4.4 release plan

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Sep 24 17:49:20 EDT 2004

Daniel Morissette wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to start discussing a plan for the 4.4 release. I think the
> development version (4.3) is in good shape and already contains a bunch
> of improvements over 4.2 and I think we are approaching a point where we
> could release it, once the current developments are completed of course.
>
> The current developments that I am aware of, and that would need to be
> wrapped up for 4.4 are:
>
> - WCS (Steve - is this done?)
>
> - WMS time support (Assefa, still 1-2 weeks to go)
>
> - FastCGI (Frank - any idea on when you'd be done? Should this wait for
> 4.6 to avoid delaying 4.4?)

Daniel,

I'm planning to have some degree of FastCGI support working within a
couple of weeks, but comprehensive support (within the limits of the project)
wouldn't necessarily be done till the end of October.

I will need to know pretty soon whether I should start committing bits of
the FastCGI support in the development trunk pre-split or not.

If you don't mind aiming for a feature freeze at the end of October, then
I think it should be ok to include the fast cgi support otherwise I should
hold it back.