No subject

Fri Feb 8 14:55:41 EST 2008

MapServer, coded EPSG:n, with "x y", for "practical interoperability".
Having said this, I have had one SOS client call out my
(MapServer-based) SOS expecting "y x".  This is for GetCapabilities

For GetObservation responses, SOS uses OM as the encoding.  OM uses URN
style defs.  Right now output "urn:ogc:crs:epsg:4326" type thing (with
"x y" order) as the def for GetObservation responses (where this should
be "y x").

In summary, we haven't delved to deeply into the axis ordering issues,
and have followed mostly WFS-ish behaviour.  I think we will have to
update this in SOS.

So I think the SOS support should move along with this RFC, especially
for SOS GetObservation responses.