[mapserver-dev] layer.offsetfeatures

Paul Ramsey pramsey at cleverelephant.ca
Sat Nov 1 16:50:59 EDT 2008

With a WFS upgrade coming down the pike, and the ability to support
large feature collections via some kind of RESTey API no doubt in our
future, I wonder if folks would have any problem with adding a offset
field to the layerObj?

I propose

layer.offsetfeatures, to match up with layer.maxfeatures, since they
will be used in parallel for the most part

I don't know that we need to add a map file directive for offset, it
seems like something that will only be used programmatically by
mapscript folks, WFS folks, and future RESTey folks.

Thoughts?

p.