[mapserver-dev] Single-pass query RFC updated...

Steve Lime Steve.Lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Mon Jun 8 13:11:56 EDT 2009

I had thought about that. I think that will break more apps since most folks only use msLayerGetShape() in
the context of queries. Which is worse? I do like the more explicit name of msLayerResultSetGetShape().

Note that for many drivers the  msLayerResultSetGetShape() would just wrap msLayerGetShape() since
the result set indexes reference the main dataset. Shapefiles would work like this. Any driver that didn't/couldn't
maintain a result set handle could do it this way and would work like do now.

Steve