[mapserver-dev] Performance Testing numbers

Julien-Samuel Lacroix jlacroix at mapgears.com
Tue Mar 10 11:27:51 EDT 2009

I added the Code Sprint change results to

In short, we made 2 fixes:
  - Use 32 bitmask to improve reading of large shapefile
  - Fix PROJ.4 epsg file reading overhead

In short results:
  * It seems that the PROJ.4 fix removed most of the overhead of using
epsg projection definition.
  * ticket 2930 help a lot when reading big shapefiles. In our case,
drawing small part of more than 3M features, we got around 20% more speed.

Julien-Samuel Lacroix wrote:
> Hi,
> I've open a wiki page with some performance testing numbers. I'll add
> details and explanation as I test.
> For now I tested the difference between:
> - simple mapfile mode=map
> - simple mapfile WMS
> - 100 layers mapfile mode=map
> - simple mapfile mode=map with EPSG code
> There seems to be enough differences between those tests to begin
> further investigation.
> Julien

Julien-Samuel Lacroix