[mapserver-dev] 6.0 release plan

Tamas Szekeres szekerest at gmail.com
Sat Nov 6 19:12:27 EDT 2010

Hi All,

In search of my memory (and my mails) the recent plan of the 6.0 release has
been scheduled as follows:

"Plan for a feature freeze on Nov 15th, with a little over 2 months for
betas, aiming for final release between Jan 15th and 31st"

How do we stand with the upcoming activities in the light of this?

I can see the following RFCs may be affected or must be scheduled:

RFC-50 (OpenGL)
RFC-52 (One-pass query processing), we wanted to do some rework as far as I
remember.
RFC-54 (Rendering overhaul)
RFC-58 (KML output)
RFC-62 (Additional WFS GetFeature Output Formats)
RFC-63 (OpenLayers viewer)
RFC-64 (Expression parser overhaul)

Do we have any other plan which will be covered with an RFC soon? How much
time the pending efforts will take to be implemented?
The 6.0 release plan
<http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/wiki/60ReleasePlan>document may also
updated with some up to date information if possible.

Best regards,

Tamas