[mapserver-dev] Checking the use of a qix file

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at mapgears.com
Thu Sep 2 11:35:12 EDT 2010

Lime, Steve D (DNR) wrote:
> I guess I'd draw the map (e.g. indexed data) and overlay it with the shapetreevis output. If the features are in the map (and the index was used, so you'd have to zoom in a bit) but there's no quadrant data then it's a shapetreevis issue. How do you know quadrants are missing? I mean, how are you testing in the first place...

A bit of context will help understand the issue. See the following post
from the Benchmarking list and look at the image linked at the bottom of it:

http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/benchmarking/2010-September/000787.html

I believe Frank is already looking into this based on what I read on the
#foss4g channel on irc.freenode.net

Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/